Finally! I just finished reading "What Happened to Goodbye" by Sarah Dessen. In order not to spoil it I won't get into much detail. Overall, I enjoyed the story. The main character is a girl named Mclean, she's in her senior year. Over the last few years, since her parents divorced, she's been moving a lot. That is because she went to live with her dad and he gets relocated frequently due to his job. In every city she would go to, she'd change her name and personality. But, this time in Lakeview, things are different. (If you've read Sarah's novels, you know Lakeview is where all the drama happens). It wasn't as romantic as some of her previous novels. Mclean does meet a guy named Dave. But she realizes many things about herself and life not only because of him, but also due to her new friends and the communication with her parents.
I have read a total of six novels by Sarah Dessen over the years. Dreamland, That Summer, The Truth About Forever, Just Listen, Along for the Ride, and lastly What Happened to Goodbye. Every book was different, but they did have some aspects in common. Here are 6 lessons that the novels have taught me:
Hello! So I haven't been updating the blog as often as initially planned. Sometimes life throws at you unexpected opportunities and you just have to take them. Which is what I did --and now I have a new job! However, that doesn't mean I'll be leaving the blog aside. As I mentioned previously, I already have a post planned on a review on a book, "What Happened to Goodbye" by Sarah Dessen. I'm two chapters away from being done! I know that Sarah Dessen's novels can be a quick read, but I always find her stories captivating. And there's another product review coming soon that I've been wanted to do for quite a while, but I won't give out any details yet.
Hello there! Just as promised, here is a post to share my favorites lately.
- Zara skinny jeans: I bought them in three colors, and find these very easy to match with my clothes. Winter has officially begun here in Lima, and I've been wearing these with beige and black coats and denim jackets. They are comfortable and have the right fit. However, I wasn't able to find the link for these products.
- Boum perfume by Jeanne Arthes: I got this one as a birthday present. It's a sweet and soft scent, perfect for my everyday go to.
- TM Golden Bracelets: Also a birthday gift, they're elastic and fit the wrist like a scrunchy.
- Notebook from De la Vitch: I bought this one a while back, but recently started using it. I love it because the pages are completely blank. Not to mention the colorful cover and cute message it has.
- Montblanc Pen: I know a pen isn't that exciting, but for some reason I really like this one. It was also a present, and it's the first fancy pen I ever own.
- And finally my Apple Watch: Here in Peru, there was only blue available. But it was a birthday gift so I can't really complain. I'm still getting the hang of it. However, I find it very useful being able to leave my phone charging in one place and move around and still receive all the notifications. It detects your movement and counts the calories you burn, which is really awesome, considering that I will be working out soon.
Hello there! June ended way too fast. My birthday was a week ago, I turned 23. It's crazy how the years pass by. I've been loving most of the gifts I received, so I'll soon be doing a favorites post on them. Anyway, today I will be explaining how I edit my Instagram pictures. The other day while organizing my phone apps, I realized that I had many photo editing apps installed that I didn't even use. Currently, my two favorite ones are VSCO Cam and Color Story. However, I must admit that I've been using VSCO a lot less ever since Color Story came out.